MS & Steroids
Aloha!
I am curious about steroids. I would like to how steroids can temporarily help numbness, etc... for MS and if so why can't they bring back the numbness for good with a drug. I don't want to do steroids for life, but I'd rather have the feelings in my hands and have some extra weight. I am only 42 and want to life life being able to do things on my own.

Thanks if advance
MM

Aloha back at ya! Welcome to the MS forum.

There is some excellent information about this under our health pages - yellow icon, upper right side of this page.  

As I understand it, the steroids reduce the inflamation in our central nervous system, allowing our symptoms to grow quieter.  The steroids do not make the root of the problems go away though.  

Since you are new here, I hope you will take some time when you feel up to it and let us know a bit aobut yourself.  Are you on any DMD for the MS?

a hui hou,
Lulu