Update and New Symptom - Anyone else have this?
Went to the neuro opthamologist and a follow up with the eye movement specialist.  My neurontin prescription has been doubled to see if it will reduce the amount of nystagmus I have so that we can work on the double vision.  Doctor says I have bilateral 6th nerve palsy and also a problem with my 7th and 8th nerves.  He believes there is an issue with the brain stem and ordered another mri, which I had today.  Won't receive the results for at least a couple of days.

My new symptom is that I can no longer sit up from a lying position without either coming up on my elbows and pushing off with my arms or rolling over on my side and pushing off with my arms.  I am in fairly good condition and have always been able to do sit ups and leg lifts, but now I can't sit up even if I swing my arms from over my head towards my feet to help get momentum to sit up.  The muscles in my abdomen have been very shakey/uncoordinated for several months, but I have still been able to do sit ups without using my arms.  The movements, however, have not been smooth and have been very jerky/shakey movements like the muscles in my abdomen just weren't working together.  A couple of nights ago, I discovered that I could no longer sit up from a lying position.  I woke up from a sound sleep at 1 a.m. and tried to sit up and I couldn't.  It freaked me out and I couldn't sleep the rest of the night.

Anyone else have this difficulty?