Multiple Sclerosis Community
What is wrong with me?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

What is wrong with me?

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me out. I am 19 years old and for some reason since a while back I have been worried too much about my health. Whenever i see a story on TV about a kind of sickness I start feeling like i have the same symptons. I am not sure why. It is pretty annoying because i am too young to think about dying and anything related to the matter. My question is about what happened to me tonight though. I was halfasleep when i heard my parents coming out the room. I guess I got kind of scared because i had a funny feeling as if something was wrong. I stayed awake to make sure nothing was wrong. When they went back to their room, I went back to fallling asleep and once again I had that funny feeling that something was wrong. It was like an anxiety feeling. A weird feeling. So I wanted to open my eyes to turn and just make it go away. It made it worse because I felt like I wasnt in control of my body. My eyes would not open up and it took me a while to be able to move. I felt like my brain was not functioning or something. Now I am awake and very tired but also very scared because i do not want anything to happen to me. After i woke up , my left arm and hand feel a little numb. I have had s CAT scan and my doctor said that if it was an emergency they would call me and thank God i never heard anything from them but I never really got the resutls.. I just want to be able to go to sleep and rest since I havent been able to do that often and i am exhausted. Thank You.
Andrea
Oh Andrea, I wish I could come and read you a goodnight tale about happy thoughts.  Anxiety is such a strange monster, and it can really rear its ugly head in the dark hours of night.  Have you talked to your parents or doctor about these thoughts and feelings you have?

I do believe you need to have a thorough medical exam to make sure there is no physical cause to your thoughts and feelings.  And while you are there, you should get the results of your CAT scan.  Just because its not an emergency doesn't mean there's nothing wrong that shows up.  

That feeling of being awake but not being able to open my eyes happens to me when I nap in the afternoon.  I get just far enough into deep sleep, but then hear the tv or something else and my brain gets awakened but my body doessn't want to cooperate.  I hope that makes sense.  I've learned not to fight it and to keep my eyes closed and sleep a bit longer.

You are welcome to come back and ask all the questions you want - this is a very smart and compassionate group of people who love to help others.

My best to you,
Lulu