Aa
A
A
Close
Years of remitting symptoms yet no lesions
I've had exacerbations episodes in 1992, 1996, 2006, 2010, 2012, 2013.  All are similar where my legs do not work & I am hospitalized for a week to ten days with no cause being found after all testing so Dr classifies it as a VIRUS. Symptoms remain long after leaving hospital & then dissipate.  I know longer believe this diagnosis & went to neurologist.  Cervical & brain MRI's having no lesions (Arachnoid cyst on right side of brain-unchanged over 6 yrs) & all other diagnosis ruled out via blood tests.   I have extensive left hip & sciatic pain most of time (xrays are fine), major leg pain, aching & weakness both legs, massive hot/cold flashes (no, not menopausal), blurred vision, slurred speech (no stroke) & about 20 other symptoms that periodically reappear.  Exacerbations are getting longer, closer together & more intense.  All sessions have been pre-empted by a viral infection, i.e. bronchitis.
I have been waiting 3 months to get into a neurologist that specializes in MS.  I feel so strongly that the MS symptoms overwhelmingly align with mine except for lesions.  Everything you read says the sooner you get a diagnosis & treatment the better off you are for the duration, yet it seems most Dr's won't diagnose without lesions.  I know there must be others out there with all the symptoms & no lesions--any advice?  DFW
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources