lab test request help please
hi all just received my orders for MORE blood tests, can anyone help me to determine what he's testing for here they go, I know he told me but when I get worked up I forget everything , seems like my mind is in the clouds literally..

lyme elisa IgG and IgM:
ESR, CRP:
SSA, SSB, ANA, RF, ANCA:
VDRL:
he mention to me about Remytoid arthrytis, and lupus,
any info would be greatly appreciated.
Here is what I know, the lyme test and it looks like they are testing for it 3 different ways-elisa is unreliable so to cover their tracks they are doing the more reliable IgG and IgM blots.
RF- is rheumatoid factor (to check for RA)
ESR-is a sedimentation rate test (to check for inflammation)
CRP-C reaction protein (this checks for more inflammation and certain auto-immune diseases)
SSA & ANA-both check for lupus and inflammation, I believe
ANCA-is an autoantibody test
VDRL-checks for sticky blood syndrome and I believe lupus (just don't be shocked when they say syphyllis test, they found it works for finding autophospholipid antibodies (sticky blood))
I hope this helps, I have that many and then more.  Your dr is doing a good job checking for the inflammation markers for the RA and Lupus.  Please keep us posted.

Ada