Multiple Sclerosis Community
lab test request help please

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

lab test request help please

hi all just received my orders for MORE blood tests, can anyone help me to determine what he's testing for here they go, I know he told me but when I get worked up I forget everything , seems like my mind is in the clouds literally..

lyme elisa IgG and IgM:
ESR, CRP:
SSA, SSB, ANA, RF, ANCA:
VDRL:
he mention to me about Remytoid arthrytis, and lupus,
any info would be greatly appreciated.
Here is what I know, the lyme test and it looks like they are testing for it 3 different ways-elisa is unreliable so to cover their tracks they are doing the more reliable IgG and IgM blots.
RF- is rheumatoid factor (to check for RA)
ESR-is a sedimentation rate test (to check for inflammation)
CRP-C reaction protein (this checks for more inflammation and certain auto-immune diseases)
SSA & ANA-both check for lupus and inflammation, I believe
ANCA-is an autoantibody test
VDRL-checks for sticky blood syndrome and I believe lupus (just don't be shocked when they say syphyllis test, they found it works for finding autophospholipid antibodies (sticky blood))
I hope this helps, I have that many and then more.  Your dr is doing a good job checking for the inflammation markers for the RA and Lupus.  Please keep us posted.

Ada