Nutrition Expert Forum
Pale Nails?

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Pale Nails?
I noticed my nails are light in color and that could be a sign of anemia, but I don't know if they have always been like that. My eyelids and gums are fine though. I have naturally pale skin so, does that determine the light color of my nails. I also noticed my brother's nails are around the same color. If I did have anemia wouldn't I have both pale nails and pale gums?
Blood tests would determine if you have decreased vitamins, minerals, or nutrients. If you are concerned, suggest going to your Doctor and get tested. Thank you