Nutrition Expert Forum
Vitamin E

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Vitamin E
I have been told that there is a new report of dangers of Vitamin E. What is this about? Thanks!
The latest I heard about Vitamin E was about a study done with Almonds that they are not only high in Vitamin E but they have prebiotic properties as well.  Prebiotic properties improved your digestive health by increasing gut bacteria (good bacteria) which lowers bad bacteria and aids in digestion. Vitamin E is an anti-oxide which helps lower cholesterol and helps lower 'free-racials'(substances that cause cancer) in our bodies. It is a fat-soluble vitamin so we need to take only the recommend doses. The body is not able to get rid it and become toxic in very high doses. That will happen with any fat-soluble vitamin.