Nutrition Expert Forum
boosting nutrition
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

boosting nutrition

Hi Im posting for my Mom 49 yrs old.  My Mom has ovarian cancer going on now for 4 years.  She recently had a long 4 week hospital stay and her nutrition went down very sudden.  Her protein level is at 7 and her potassium is very low as well.  She also swelled up very badly due to the IV's and from being in bed for 4 weeks.  She also went into a rehab for 1 week.  She is walking ok, but the swelling is pretty bad.  Basically I need to know what can we do besides drinking boost drinks and taking potassium supplements to boost up her nutrition and immune.  She is also receiving chemotherapy.  Currently she takes lasiks, multivitamin, b complex and ginger supplements.  Also is there anything she can do besides lasiks to get rid of the fluids in her legs and thighs.  

Thank You
Fiana
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5'4''
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
: