Nutrition Expert Forum
potassium fluctuation

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

potassium fluctuation

My sister had a potassium level of 5.5.  She was put on a low potassium diet (which she really did not follow) for two weeks and now her level is "critically low".  I don't know the level.  However, they put her on potassium.  What could be causing this?
Tags: potassium
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5'4
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
110
Diuretic medication (water pills) or disease states, such as, heart disease or kidney disease may cause issues with potassium fluctuation. It is hard to say without knowing her medical condition. Thank you for your question.