Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Biocular ovarian cyst

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Biocular ovarian cyst

I am pregnant and I have an ovarian cyst of 9.3/5.4cm. At last ultrasound taken a few days before seemed to be of 8.7/5cm. And 2 months ago was 9/4.3cm.
It seems that the pregnancy pushed the cyst to the up/left of the abdomen and it compresses one of the cyst, so now it looks like an irregular shape than an ovoid shape. But I still wonder if this irregularity is because of the pregnancy.

The septa between 2 formation seem to be thin (less than 3 mm).
The ultrasound characterized it as an biocular transonic formation.
I don't know what transonic means.

Thank you in helping with this.
Hi There
there are many funny looking cysts in pregnancy. Most of them are related to the hormone surges of pregnancy
For cysts that are bigger than 4 to 5 cm, we sometimes consider removing them in pregnancy.
Occasionally they can twist and hurt
On the other hand, if it is not changing and you feel well, sometimes it is safe to watch and wait until after pregnancy to remove
It is a hard call and requires being able to directly look at the radiology pictures
take care