Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Gemzar with Cytoxan for recurrence?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Gemzar with Cytoxan for recurrence?

I was dx May 06 stage 3c. Did 4 rds cisplatin/taxol i.p.. then 4 rds carbo/taxol i.v.. Finished Jan.07. Ca125 started rising slowly in Aug.07. ptct in Sept clear. Oct. 19 appt. found intestinal (small int) blockage had same day surgery. Onc/gyn did not see cancer, blockage was adhesion twisting intestine. Pathology slides and fliud positive for ca. Started Gemzar/carbo day 1, with gemzar day 8. First rd, could not do day 8 until day 14 because of red blood and platelets. Rd. 2 could not do day 8 until day 21 same reason ( had aranesp shots) Rd 3 carbo reaction they said, although it didn't happen until i finished the carbo and gemzar drip. How do they know was it? Could not do day 14 of Gemzar again thursday for platelets. come back next thursday. Had ct this past thursday, clear. Dr. said she was adding cytoxan on rd. 4. I never heard of this combo, Looked it up and now I am worried that it will make platelets and red blood even worse. Platelets were 71 on valentines>  What do you make of this? I am really worried. I stay so tired and weak i don t go anywhere except chemo. I go to west clinic in memphis, 110 miles drive.I take neupogen (3) at home for white blood.My ca125 is now 28. (was 265 oct.) Is my dr. aggressive by not just using gemzar?Thanks