Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Should I be worried?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Should I be worried?

Hello,
I'm a 25 year old female. I've been on birth control pills off and on for about 7 years (currently on them), with normal periods. For the past month or so, I've been having pain in my lower left pelvic area that radiates through my groin and hip. Sometimes I have pains that shoot down my thigh. The pain is dull and achey (achy) most of the time, and it burns in my groin. It is uncomfortable to sleep on my left side, and I wake up with the occasional night sweat. I'm not drenched from it, but it's uncomfortable. I've also been having issues with gas/bloating. I don't have any other symptoms, but I am worried by these. They don't feel "normal." I went to my GP the other day to see what it was and told her I was worried it was my ovaries, but she basically dismissed that and told me I strained my hip and probably had bursitis. Should I be worried??? Get a second opinion?
242604_tn?1328124825
Hi There
it is unlikely that your symptoms are associated with ovarian cancer.
there are many reasons for pain and definitely the most common is muscle strain
however if you have persistent pain, you should see for doctor agian
best wishes
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers