Ovarian Cyst
I am fit to be tied. My 15 year old daughter has been suffering from a Ovarian Cyst for about 8 months. Multiple trips to the E.R. now she is without healthcare and she has another Cyst the size of a plum on her right Ovary . We finally were hooked up with an OB-GYN on her last visit she was also admitted to help get her pain under control. She isn't a complainer so it's hard to hear peoples remarks-Like when she misses school due to pain. She was recently put on birth control to try and reduce and keep her from developing any more cyst. We go in 5 days to see if she will have to have surgery or not . The worst part is the pain I want to help her but can't . Heating pad, Pain pills and Ibuprofen doesn't help.

This discussion is related to diagnosed with an ovarian cyst at 14 years old.
HI,
Hormonal pills will help to control formation of cysts. Surgery or aspiration of the cysts will be necessary if they grow large in size and become more than 5 cm in size. In the meantime you can continue with symptomatic management.
Hope this helps.