Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
abdominal binder/garment

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

abdominal binder/garment

I had sacrocopolpexy surgery in November 2012.  I will be returning to work soon and was wondering if any one could recommend a abdominal binder/garment.  My abdomen is so week and I am an ER nurse and will be working 12 hour shifts most of the time standing.  I am attending physical therapy and am gaining strength but do not want to injury myself.  
Hello and welcome to the Pelvic Organ Prolapse forum.

I use the Fembrace which is pretty good and have also used cycling shorts and slimming control underwear as well.  There is a new belt coming onto the market but I am not sure what it is called.  I will make some enquires for you and get back to you if I get any information.  The Fembrace gave me the most support.  Google it and see what you think.  You may find a slimming pant with a front v shape support that is cheaper and works for you.

Can you talk to your womens physio to see if they feel you are ready to go back to work and for how many hours.  I appreciate you have had since your op in Nov off work but you may need to consider how you feel as you go along as well.  Well done with the exercises as well.

Come back to us if you need any more help and good luck.