Physical Therapy Expert Forum
Three canal stenosis resulting

This is a place to get answers to your personal questions about how physical therapy can help you recover from injuries or lessen pain caused by chronic conditions such as arthritis.

Three canal stenosis resulting
Hi I am a 24 year old guy.i had left leg pain  from 15 months.i went to a doctor 3 months before,who prescribed me physio therapy,pain killers and  antiflammation medicines.I had leave from my work and was pain free for a month. And the very first day of work after medication,I felt shaky mostly my hands and legs.
Again I went to another doctor, he sended me to physio therapists wo couldn't help me at all and gave me advice of joining some recreational activitiesand stretching.
I again visited a new doctor who asked me 2 ct scans of my back. One of them was of lower lumber which showed mild broad based disc bulging in L3/L4 level.Some broad based disc bulging with slight ligamentum flavum hypertrophy with a mild canal stenosis resulting in L4/L5.
L5/S1 shows right sided protrusion compressing the descending right S1 nerve root with a mild canal stenosis resulting.
I mostly have left leg pain than right and shaky hands.I m always in a depression due to my back.I cant lift anything and can bend slightly.I only just can walk with a sciatic nerve pain in my left leg  and with shaky hands. I feel weak and Get headache with red eyes.some days I feel my body very hot and severe back pain. My doctor always advice me not to worry abot this thing.I cant take a leave from my work because im still a student and have to pay my fee by myself.
I just  to know that If I m gonna be ok or I have to live with this pain forever?...The problem shown by Ct Scan is not normal offcourse.what i need to do to gain my life back?..or i have to go for a surgery?...As I am an international student I have limited friends,all of them are young and have strong back ,I cant afford much medication fees...can someone please help me with some suggestions...I would be greatful to u ....
My recommendation is for you the see a neurologist as soon as possible so that he can review your CT findings and come up with a clinical decision to give you the best outcome. Good luck in your path.
Best in health,
JAG