Do I have PCOS without cysts or insulin resistance?
I'm 17 and after going to the doctor about male pattern growth and recent irregular periods, she mentioned PCOS.
My blood work back came normal--normal fasting glucose, insulin, testosterone. I also have no cysts on my ovaries.
My family does have history of diabetes and miscarriages, so this makes me think twice if this is or isn't a misdiagnosis.

Do I have PCOS or is this a hormone imbalance than can be treated with birth control?
You may want to see another doctor for a second opinion just to be safe. Did you see your regular doctor, gynocolgist or a hormone specialist? I saw my gynocologist first and then a hormone specialist and ended up with the conclusion of PCOS from both and I am be treated for PCOS.

Birth control might help but if you plan to ever stop taking them you may need to address the problem before you jump on the pill.