Need some advice?
Hi, just after some advice. I'm 23 and was diagnosed with pcos when I was 21. I have been in and out of hospital for the last two years and I'm no further. I currently suffer from server stabbing pains in my ovaries which cripple me. I currently take cerazette and have done for 4years. I was put on metformin which made me really sick and tried both types which neither of these work as I was put in hospital with sickness. I haven't had a period now for nearly 3years, I also stopped the pill for 6months to try and see if this would increase my chances of a period. Another thing I've noticed recently is I'm really pale dizzy and light headed and almost black out but if I have a quick sugar fix I am fine. I suffer with low blood pressure so I do t no if this is a factor. as for mood swings I'm becoming more violent and moody then the bubbly girl I once wAs. Last year I lost a stone, and this still didn't help I had no change just a few spots.  I'm a shadow of my self and after some advice. Thank you abbie x
HI,
Not getting periods for three years is not good for health. Hence you need to review with your Doctor. Blood work and hormonal assay will help get the exact picture. If you do not want a pregnancy birth control pills may help in getting regular menses. Or else getting withdrawal bleed every two to three months will be a good idea. Also you should check your blood sugar and insulin levels. Consult a gynaecologist and an endocrinologist for an evaluation. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.