Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community
Elevated TSH levels

Join other expecting mothers 25 to 34 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Elevated TSH levels

I am so much tensed and nervous now, can't really explain..  feel like I have done the biggest mistake of my life. My thyroid problem was diagnosed in 2010 and I didn't take it seriously till Jan 2012, at which time my TSH was whopping 30, fT3 and fT4 at 5 and 12 respectively .. after which I was on regular meds and met a great endo and finally after regular follow ups my levels were Tsh = 0.1, T3 = 4.1 and T4 = 14 in Oct 2012... and then I went overseas for 2 weeks in november and took one strip of thyroxin with me but my mistake that I switched off the refrigerator and when I came back I just switched on the refrigerator, never realised that the tablets were not in "working" refrigerator for last two weeks and are of no use.. So, I continue taking the meds (obviously which were useless) and my follow up was after 3 months which was 2 days ago and my results came as TSH = 12 T3 = 4 and T4 = 14... I would not be too much worried about this but adding to the complication is the fact that my pregnancy results came positive which means i am 4 weeks pregnant as of now.. so now i have lost my sleep reading all on internet that uncontrolled thyroid levels can cause havoc and what not to the baby. I also realised that there are different measurement units of TFTs in different parts of world. I am in Australia and here normal levels of TSH = 0.5-5.0, T3 = 3.1 - 6.0 and T4 = 11-21. Please please help !! I just want a healthy baby !!!! Are there any tests that can confirm if the baby is growing healthy without any deformities??? I have an appointment with endo this wednesday.. I am just praying to GOD that all goes well.
Hollus, and renae176 commented on renae176's status
30 mins ago
Hollus commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
34 mins ago
36 mins ago
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy