Pregnancy Expert Forum
Cervical length at 24 weeks

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Cervical length at 24 weeks

I had an ultrasound today and the doctor said everything looked good but when I looked at my report it said my cervical length was 3.2 cm and closed. I looked it up and it seems like that is too short at this week?  It is my 4th pregnancy, (previous 3 full term) would that have something to do with it?  She didn't mention anything to me, just have another checkup in a month, so I assume it's ok?
Hi!
Congratulations!
Your cervix is fine.  The fact that you have had three term pregnancies puts you at extremely low risk for preterm delivery, unless you have had some type of biopsy or procedure between the third and fourth pregnancies.  We usually are not too concerned unless the cervix is less that 2.5 cm, and even that would be OK ins someone with your good history.

Hope all goes well!
Dr B