Pregnancy Expert Forum
Missed period then spotting

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Missed period then spotting

Hell I was due for my period on the 13th of this month..So I am 4 days late then yesterday I had a pinkish discharge just a little spot....Then nothing else happened this morning when I get up I have some more darker pink discharge in my underwear! I am so confused I took a test on the night of the 15th and it was negative...What do I need to do?
Hi!
Most commercial pregnancy tests will be positive by the time of the missed period, so if your test was negative, it likely means that you are not pregnant.  I ALWAYS advise repeating the test though!  Usually I tell my patients to repeat it weekly until the period comes or until the test is positive, whichever.  Your doctor may be able to do a blood test--those are slightly more accurate than the urine tests are.  If the test is negative, your doctor might be able to prescribe some progesterone to start your period for you.  It would also be OK to watch and wait.
Good luck!
Dr B