Pregnancy Expert Forum
What is this called

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

What is this called
Few weeks ago, i was fooling around with my husband; though we were trying for a baby.
Recently, i feel pains below my ribs, though its few days to seeing my period but the pains of the period is not the same as this and i dont know if it's part of pregnancy sign or something else.

Could you please, help me out and tell me what this kind of pain is called.

Hi!
It is not a COMMON pregnancy symptom, if it is one, but then, every pregnancy is different!  It depends upon which side, and whether it is in the front or the back, what the pain could be.  The most likely thing is something related to the gastrointestinal tract.  Something like the stomach--heart burn, dyspepsia,  or the intestines--gas pains or constipation. If you don't have your period--you should definitely take a test!
If the pain persists or worsens, be sure to check in with your primary doctor!

Good luck!
Dr B