Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Albuterol Inhaler causing loss of control/tremors
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Albuterol Inhaler causing loss of control/tremors

Hello,
  I have been diagnosed with a movement disorder in '03, I have also been battling asthma (due to allergy of pet).  Sometimes when I use my inhaler I will have consious loss of control of my body, not the same as my movement disorder, mainly it's head, trunk and weakness in my legs. I have to hold onto something in order to keep from going down.  Sometimes that doesn't even help. It happens rather infrequently but am wondering if I am doing myself more harm than good in using my inhaler.  I have an inhaler of corticosteriod that I use maybe once a week, in addition to an OTC allergy medication daily. I've had asthma as a child but never before experienced anything of this nature as a result of using an inhaler.  Any thoughts?  My neurologist doesn't feel as though it's related to my movement disorder, but I just can't be certain.
Thanks for your time!