Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Are any of thes Symptoms related, Please Help

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Hi I'm 23 years old, last night when I fell asleep i recall a sudden vivid dream and than i woke up quickly to my entire body feeling like all my nerves were tensing up in this tight/hot/tingling state, it lasted about 4 seconds than stopped. Now this is the first time this has happened, and I'm concerned. I have not been sleeping well and i may have slept 3 hours in the past 48. I think that this is related, Ive read similar posts where someone replied and said that the body releases corticosteroids and stress chemicals during times of high stress on the body.

Other symptoms Ive been experiencing, unsure if related are, occasional twitching at night. I Yawn and sneeze more than average. I some times wake up to a breathless feeling, like i couldn't take that breath. I will frequently wake up through the night, sometimes with this feeling in my head like the tense feeling you get when you yawn.

Another sensation I've been having for the past 3 months is this sudden almost jolt or hot/oozing feeling in my neck/throat area, it as all but stopped for the most recently, i though it to be pulpititions/arithmias but i went to the doctors for test and they told me my heart was beating normal.

-To note I have been drinking a lot before bed and it seems to be keeping me awake/with hot flashes

I relay think most of these are due to lack of sleep but i need professional opinions, Please and Thank you.
What you have experienced is consistent with alcohol consumption before bedtime, acute and chronic anxiety and sleep deprivation.  All of the preceding could be strongly related to stress.  Glad to hear that you had your heart checked-out.  Still, you may want to alert your doctor or the doctor’s nurse of your persistent symptoms.

I should have mentioned that your having a sleep disorder could also lead to many of your symptoms.  You might want to raise this possibility with your healthcare providers.

Good luck