What would be reason for enlarged uvula. My husband occasionally has this happen and Sunday morning he could barely swallow as it was the size of a small finger. It is large to begin with, but this happens on occasion.
Recurrent swelling of the uvula can be on an allergic or non-allergic basis. There are some people who are allergic to foods or medications and this is one of the reactions that they experience. Others have a non-allergic reaction to unknown stimuli, which have the same result. In either case, this can be a life-threatening reaction and requires immediate attention. I would recommend that your husband see his physician soon to discuss this situation. In some cases having epinephrine to inject will save that person's life.
Copyright 1994-2016MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.