Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
NON PRODUCTIVE COUGH, SORE THROAT OFF AND ON, STUFFY NOSE

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

For the last 4 weeks or so I have had a dry cough, to the point of irritating my throat and causing my voice to disappear.  In the morning I cough up phlegm, but throughout the day it seems like a hacking cough that produces phlegm just into my throat.  This phlegm is a white to light yellow, I also have what feels like mucus running down the back of my throat from my nose which is constantly running, and stuffy.  I saw my doctor 7 days ago, and she diagnosed me to have Sinusitis, Bronchitis, and Laryngitis.  SHe put me on a Zpack for 5 days and things started to get better.  The darned problem is still here.  Is there any idea what this may be.  
Tags: irritable
Your doctor is probably right in suggesting that this is sinusitis.  You may need another course of an antibiotic to totally eradicate the infection.  Another diagnosis to be considered with a cough of this duration would be pertussis, commonly called whooping cough.