Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Ongoing headache for week, suddenly brownish orange mucus coming from b...
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Ongoing headache for week, suddenly brownish orange mucus coming from blown nose
I was just wondering if I should see a doctor because I dont have one....anyway, I've had a headache all week which is very uncommon for me. My daughter was diagnosed with broncholitis last week and is on an inhaler, but now I blew my nose this morning which I' ve been doing all week since I got sick form my daughter and the mucus was brownish-orange and its alot of it, I've never seen mucus this dark before so it had me kind of concerned. ANd I keep blowing it and the same thing happens. Doesnt look like bloody mucus, it's just brownish- orange like the color of iodine when it hits something, should i be worried?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
242588_tn?1224275300
You should see a doctor and should do so without delay.  The brownish red mucus suggests a nose and sinus infection.  This alone, without spread beyond the sinuses can give one a headache, but occasionally a sinus infection spreads beyond the sinuses, causing a more serious headache.  While that is unlikely, that is the reason why you should seek medical attention promptly.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A related discussion, absess in sinus was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Allergy Tracker