Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
RSV - RESPIRATORY SYNCYTIAL VIRUS COMPLICATED BY BACTERIAL BRONCHOPNEUM...

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

RSV - RESPIRATORY SYNCYTIAL VIRUS COMPLICATED BY BACTERIAL BRONCHOPNEUMONIA

I wrote not long ago concerning my daughter dying of RSV complicated by bacterial brochopneumonia. I finally got the microscopic examination back and it confirmed what the protocol stated. I guess the only thing I would like to know is "WAS ANY OF THIS DETECTABLE?????" Brooklynn was very health, but developed a cold that the doctor(Monday) stated he thought her ear infection was her problem. I am not a doctor and I can figure out that all the congestion that she had for 3 different visits wasn't caused by her ear infection that was diagnosed of her 3rd doctor's visit(one week before passing away). I just don't understand how he couldn't hear anything in her chest. She had this cold for 3 months and nothing was giving to her to treat the cough/cold at all.

The document stated the bacteremia and lung tissue cultures showed that the likely source of bacterial pneumonia was Streptococcus agalacitae(Group B) and Escherichia coli(E. Coli). the infectious process was put at a duration of more than 24 hrs prior to death.

A doctor at LSU advised me that RSV could last for several weeks. I told him that I felt the cold came on first, it wasn't treated at all, it developed slowly into her chest and then still the 2nd visit nothing was giving to her(I mean NO X-Ray, nothing) and then I feel the RSV developed from all the other stuff. He agreed that it probably developed in that way. WHAT DO YOU THINK???? I guess I just needing some closure to try to understand why something besides an ear infection wasn't found.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Sincerely,
Hurting Mother
Let me begin by again offering my sincere sympathy.

It