Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Respiratory infection caused by fiberglass insulation

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

3 out of 4 people working in a remodel have exhibited and complained about a respiratory infection along with sores in the bottom of the head of the penis. So far I read that there is a respiratory disease that causes this but cannot find a name for it. There is fiberglass insulation along with an additional 10 inches of blown in insulation on top of it. There is also evidence that rodents and bats have inhabited the attic. Where the insulation is. We are all in a good bit of pain and would like an answer.  Other symptoms present similar to the flu.
Tags: respiratory infection, penile sores, Fiberglass insulation
I attempted to find a common cause for the respiratory symptoms and the sores on the head of the penis, but was unsuccessful.

Your question is rather complicated in that you’ve had several exposures including to fiberglass insulation, the “blown-in” insulation, the rodent and bats and their excrement and the exposure to whatever else is often found within remodeled walls including other types of old insulation (perhaps asbestos), bacteria fungi and mold and probably a lot of insect debris and excrement.  Any of the preceding could cause inflammation of your bronchial tubes and lungs and your penis, the latter resulting from the transfer of any of these substances from your hands or gloves to your penis.

The lesions of your penis may be diagnosable on sight by a physician who specializes either in infectious disease or a Urologist.  My advice is that at least one of you arrange for examination of your penis and your lungs, the lungs a physical exam and a chest X-ray in case you have acquired what is called Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis.

I wish I could be more helpful but I could not find any other information that might have provided a clue.

Good luck