Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Sore sternum- GERD/Sinus Infection/ more?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Sore sternum- GERD/Sinus Infection/ more?

Hello,  

I have recently been diagnosed with mild gastritis and acid reflux.    My original symptoms were burning in the throat and chest.    Then almost 3 weeks ago I started with a deep chest cough.  At first the Dr thought it was from GERD, but when I went back 2 weeks later they said the cough was coming from my sinuses with white stuff dripping down.  At first gave me cough pills then I called him back when in it continued and received Zithromax.   I am only 2 days into the round of treatment.   However, my chest is so sore--the sternum and both sides of my chest - especially under my breasts are sore to touch and even with deep breaths.  

I have been experiencing insomnia for some nights, which I though were related to the Prevacid (before I started the Zithromax).  So I stopped the Prevacid and I am waiting for another option.   Last night I woke up in a with a racing heart and chills.....  throughout these few weeks I have been running on and off a low-grade fever.    

Could the soreness just be related to the GERD and/or cough or could I also have pneumonia?  (I know it isn't my heart they have done several EKG's and those were fine)...  

I still have the loose cough, unfortunately I am never able to bring it up all the way to see what the sputnum looks like- it makes me gag.  

Any suggestions?  Do I call back or wait out the zithromax?  I just feel so cold right now and worried with the holidays coming up....