Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
chest xray 7mm nodule, 33, non smoker

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

chest xray 7mm nodule, 33, non smoker

I had a chest xray and the result says that there is a 7mm nodule was found in my left lung base just above the level of the hemidiaphragms, the dr said theres nothing to worry about, but suggestd to have ct scan. Is the nodule suggested that i have cancer or any lung disorder? im 33 and a non smoker,
I agree with your doctor It is highly likely that the finding of a 7 mm nodule, as an incidental finding on a routine chest X-ray in a non-smoker your age, is benign.  Proceeding with a CT scan is a very reasonable suggestion but you and your doctor might want to obtain previously taken chest X-rays for comparison with the current X-ray.  Should this nodule have been present on previous films and be similar in  size and appearance, it might not be necessary to go ahead with the CT Scan.  Note that I say, might not.  You should follow the advice of your doctor in this regard.

The odds are very much in your favor so please try to not spend much time worrying about this finding.

Good luck