Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
coughing up blood in my flem(phlegm) and blow it out my nose

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

i am coughing it up in my flem (phlegm) i mean blood in my flem (phlegm) but also in my nose to i went to the hospital and he said it was just a chest infection but he didnt seem to sure but the next day it has got a little bit worse and i always think the worst any ideas?
Nose bleeds are common, even in normal healthy people.  Not infrequently the nose will bleed backwards into the throat and then be coughed up.  That makes it hard to know if it is coming from the nose or from the lungs.  If you continue to raise blood, you should have a thorough examination of your nose by an ENT specialist.  He/she should be able to determine the source of the blood, especially if it is actively bleeding.  You should also have a chest x-ray to be sure that some of the blood is not coming from your lungs.  Blood in mucus, coughed up from the lungs, is always abnormal, even when the x-ray is normal, and it should be thoroughly evaluated by a lung specialist.

Good luck.