Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
ct scan

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

ct scan

sent for chest xray because of high blood pressure asked to go back for ct scan spoke to my doctor who said heart was fine but found something showing on left lung thought it could be infection but being a smoker they needed to make sure have had a tingling pain in left shoulder blade for months but no persisant cough or other symptons had blood tests everything came back fine if i do cough anything up which isnt often it is clear very worried as no one seems to explain things to you in simple terms any advice would help
thanks
I would advise you to take your doctor’s advice and have the CT Scan.  That will enable your doctor and any other doctors he consults with to better understand the significance of the alleged abnormality on your chest X-ray.

It is possible that the “tingling pain” that you have had in your left shoulder is related to the X-ray abnormality if that X-ray change is also on the left side.  This combination can occur with tumors, including benign tumors, or occasionally with infection, that occurs at the uppermost part of the lung and can be difficult to see on a regular chest X-ray.  Such tumors are called Pancoast Syndrome tumors.

You might want to ask your doctor about this.  I hope the cause of the shoulder pain and the X-ray finding proves to be benign so that treatment will relieve both concern about lung cancer and also relieve your shoulder pain.

Good luck