Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
headache amd metal test in the mouth

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

headache amd metal test in the mouth
Hi, am 25 years old and for the past 2 days i've been having persistant headache which is just focused on the left side and i have a metal like taste in the mouth also just the left part of my mouth. I've been taking painkillers but only help for a short while and the headache returns. I've never had this before and am a bit worried especially with the metal like taste in my mouth. Please advice on what this could be and steps i must take.
Thank you.
Odd, “metallic” tastes are not uncommon with a variety of medical problems and a variety of medicines, including painkillers.  The more important of your symptoms is the headache.  Such a persistent headache could have a benign cause, could be a migraine headache or could be a sign of a more serious problem, such as a leaking blood vessel.  You would be wise to go to your nearest, large emergency room to have this checked-out and should do so, without delay on the off-chance that the cause of your headache might be serious.

Good luck.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker