Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
old lungs
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

old lungs

well....about a year and a half ago my lung collapsed on me, i am 20 now. the doctor who put the tube in did not know what he was doing as he said he was going to put tubes down my throat to reinflate it, at that trime my usual doctor came in and told this jerk thats not how they do it here...he is from africa maybe that is why. anyways so he was told hwo to do it right. i was his first peice of meat for this operation, i think he messed up the first time he put the tube in cuz i could hear it leaking and making sucking sounds. so he did it again....was in the hospital for 5 days and the lung didnt stay up so i was flown to a city hospital where they stapled my lung against my chest or whatever was done. my lungs were bothersome before this ever since i quit smoking crystal meth when i was seventeen, had started smoking it when i was fifteen and started smoking pot when i was thirteen. i dont smoke ciggarettes and never have. my pot intake on a normal day is only 6 inhalations, sometimes a hoot or 2 more or less. so the main issues are constant urge to hork this phlegm feeling out of my throat...feels like its right at the ball of the throat and think it may come from my sinus. every morning i wake up and hork out nasty colored phlegm ranging from yellow green brown. i have this feeling of chest tightness maybe, im not even sure anymore and sometimes get sharp pains in my chest. could i be allergic to pot? it never really bothered me before i quit meth and now i cant stand being around a cigarette as where it never bothered me much when i was younger. i cut back on greasy fatty foods such as milk or whatever would advocate phelgm problems. i also sometimes blow alot of snot out of my nose. help please!!!
Tags: phlegm