Self-Improvement Coaching Expert Forum
surgery
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding tips and techniques to help people begin to take accountability and responsibility for their general well-being and move towards improvement in all areas of their life: work, home, and relationships.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

surgery

I am scheduled to have some surgery soon (bladder prolapse).  I am very frightened about going under general anesthesia and also the ability to keep my wits about me when I first get to the hospital and they are getting me ready for surgery.  I am concerned that I will have a major panic attack.

What can I do to help me get ready for this surgery?

Lori

Related Discussions
272771_tn?1194985543
Undergoing surgery can be anxiety provoking.  However, if your anxiety is prolonged, it may impact slower healing time and might affect the outcome of the surgery.  If you find that you can’t help yourself relax with relaxation techniques, including deep breathing or visualization exercises, then I recommend that you consult your doctor.  You may need more support, such as counseling or medications to help you manage the fear and stress of undergoing this surgery.  Sometimes, you may just need medication or on-the-spot counseling for this one time event.  

Your forum coach, Wanda
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank