Skin Cancer Community
Reliability of HSV blood PCR test? What could be wrong with me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

In January I found on the inner labia just under the clitoris to have a round inflamed redness. It was solid, it did not hurt but i felt what i could only explain as being irritated in that area and some discomfort wiping i went in to look. Like i said it was a single red round bulge, smaller than a pea. did not itch or hurt more than feeling irritated. In the days that followed it looked like there was a cut on the skin, almost like a line or papercut or a small tear.  when i squeezed it nothing came out, although as it healed there was a white skin on the area that had opened. I immediately was afraid it was herpes. My last sexual contact was in october a condom was used.  I went to the dr at the earliest chance i could and he examined it - pressed squeezed. said right off the bat this is not herpes,  the vagina has many glands and this is a glandualr pimple.  5 months later i felt something similar. except this time at the bottom of the inner labia. Same symptoms and presentation. I went back to him and this time he said lets to a blood test for HSV1 and HSV2. (PCR of blood sample).  my dr sent me home with anti-viral treatment (tabs and cream) and antibiotics just to manage his suspected diagnosis.  The meds did not change process. After 7 days i went back to the Dr. and the PCR tests were negative for 1 and 2.  June i felt the same inflamed ball, this time at the first location, under the clitoris,  and went to see him on the 2ns day after I felt it sensitive. He visually examined and was like - This is not herpes. Two months later... again, same spot. Today I got a second opinion. i did not have symptoms just described - he said herpes.  I am awaiting the results back from igG/igM he ordered for both HSV1 and HSV2.

I am just curious as i wait (with much anxiety).... What is the liklihood that the PCR done from my blood sample (at month 5 after first event), would be a false negative?..... If this is not herpes, then what is it and how to I manage it?