Skin Cancer Community
Sore in head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Sore in head

For over a month now, I have been dealing with a couple of sores in my head.  I just noticed it while washing my hair.  When I was a child I had psoriasis, but I haven't had a flare up in 20 years.  I didnt give it much thought, but two weeks ago they started hurting and the pain unbearable at times.  They are about an inch or two, and deep.  I am putting off going to the doctor because I dont have the money and  I am embarrassed.  Just wondering if you have any suggestions or at home treatment I could do.  Thank you in advance!
The scalp sores can be due to perifolliculitis scalp. It is characterised by small, very itchy pustules within the scalp, often most troublesome on the frontal hairline. The other possibility is of pilar cysts scalp. It is a benign cyst on the head and neck which is mostly painless but can become painful when infected.
My sincere advice is to get it examined from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.