Skin Cancer Community
vitiligo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

vitiligo

I was diagnosed with vitiligo when I was 6 years old. I had a patch of white skin on my forehead and a part of my hair turned white as well.  I am 54 now and it never appeared anywhere else on me. I always parted my hair on the side to cover it.  I don't see  the patch on my forehead  anymore and I use hair color now cos my hair is white now so i don't know if its still there.  In reading the articles noone ever mentioned that it effects the hair as well.  thank you.
Vitiligo can effect skin, eyelids or hair also. The hair that grows on areas affected by vitiligo sometimes turns white.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.