Dry eyes, tired eyes.
I take ambien cr every night and my eyes get blood shot in the morning. Is this normal?
Hi, welcome to the forum. Ambien is used to assist the sleep and treat various forms of insomnia. 1-10 % patients are reported to have one or other eye symptoms which includes eye irritation, dryness, visual disturbance, double vision, altered depth perception and red eye. Hence, it is an expected side effect of ambien. As for now no need worry. If you experience any worsening of eye symptoms then you need to report your physician without delay. Sudden withdrawal or discontinuation of the drug is not recommended as they are known to cause withdrawal effects.
You can go for decongestant eye solutions like naphazoline against prescription. I suggest you to consult Ophthalmologist to rule out other eye related condition. Take care and regards.