Sleep Disorders Community
Night terror hallucination?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Night terror hallucination?

Hey, I'm a 15 year old girl. for the last year maybe ive been having really bad night terror hallucinations. they are becoming more and more frequent and my mom doesnt believe me. ill tell you my dreams to give you more detail.

1) im layin in my bed, (i sleep in complete dark) when i open my eyes, and above my bed is a figure, in a black cloak hanging from my ceiling from a noose, my hands are out in front of me, and as i look down at them, i can see and feel the blood dripping onto my hands, (everything is lit up as if my lights were on) i jump up and ran to turn on my light, but by the time i get them on, the figure is gone, but i feel so sick i buckle over almost puking.

2) i dont remember the dream i was having, but when i wake up, and start to hallucinate, there is a black sticky mist like substance (like from spiderman 3) coming out of my floor trying to get me, i was fighting it, then i blacked out and when i woke up in the morning my arms ached i strained them so hard fighting my hallucination.

3) my last terror hallucination(i remember) is more of a supernatural tone. I am in my bathroom (in my dream) when im starting the shower, and suddenly something turns it on full hot, burning me, so i try to unlock the door frantically, while the thing turns the shower head and its spraying the boiling water at me, in my dream i could feel everything, the fear, and the burning from the hot water.

Not all my hallucinations are bad, i hallucinate people in my room on a regular basis, and sometimes even wake up on my couch because i let my hallucinations sleep in my bed.

if anyone has any ideas on whats wrong please email me or reply to this. i barely can fall asleep at night they scare me so much.

- ***@****
I am sorry to read you are having such a rough time.

It is very important you discuss with your parents you condition, including any "advice" you get on the "web".

I recall having nightmare problems as a youngster and two things that help me stop them was to stop reading and watching (movies) scary stuff and to condition myself to wake up whenever I was in a situation that looked like it might be a nightmare... I didn't have hallucinations. By this I mean my nightmares has a context, a type of environment, a stage.... and whenever I encountered such an situation when awake I forced my eyes open wide - and when I did this while asleep, I woke up, dream end.  It seems whatever was going on in my subconscious the fact that my conscious mind wouldl wake me up caused the dreams to stop.  Yes I still have a nighmare on rare occasions, maybe once or twice a year - as far as I can remember.

Again, please work with your parents  and avoid recreational terror via movies, and the like.  Maybe a nigh light would help you work through this problem.

You say you are 15 - your profile shows you are 108, you may want to update your profile.