Sleep Disorders Community
SWEATING AND SHAKING

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

SWEATING AND SHAKING

I sweat and my body shakes on some nights. I don't feel it but my wife is worried that it can happen 2 or 3 times a night in a week and she has to remove blankets for me to recover. I do have headaches sometimes but not frequently. Can someone advise me what could be the problem, I am really worried about this night sweating and convulsions.  I don't feel anything during the day. My wife is arranging for me to see a doctor soon.

Any help or advice will be appreciated.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello.

You need to rule out any obvious causes for your symptoms. These are....side effects of medication (antidepressants and some others) and low sugar levels during night. In the absence of any cause, it could be "idiopathic hyperhidrosis". (Idiopathic = something whose cause is not known)

It is advised that you see your doctor, preferably, a sleep specialist.

Regards