distrubing side effects?
For the last several months I would say, I have had this thing happen while trying to fall asleep where while I am lying there I feel these elecricity type lightning things in my head, they are not painful just feel very weird. Not long after they start, I will go unconsciouse(or fall asleep) I am not sure which as I am trying to go to sleep. But during this unconscious time I feel strange like I know what is going on, I know that I am asleep and something is not right and I try to make myself wake up and in this state I feel like I m screaming for my husband to please wake me up, to see that something is wrong with me or to look and me laying there, but I never make a sound. I know it is weird, When the episode is finally over I literally snap out of it and am awake again. I am not just waking up its like im just suddenly awake like I was never asleep. This is very concerning as my brother has a seizure disorder and I am afraid that this is some form of seizure that I am having. I do take medications for manic depression but have only been on Viibryd when this all started. I told my Dr about it and he just said that I was not getting enough sleep and has put me on low dose lamictal and amitryptaline. I work in the healthcare proffession so I know if I tell him I think it is a seizure he will just send me to a nuerologist who will do a bunch of tests and cost alot money. So I figured I would start here. Any advice?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

In the initial phases of the sleep cycle and while awakening, we tend to be more conscious or alert. If we study the brain waves at these phases they tend to show the alert wave pattern, this could cause the awareness. If it is not interfering with your sleep schedules you don't have to worry. If it persists or is troublesome consult your doctor for assessment.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.