vivid dreams are back again
hello everyone. i was diagnosed with sleep apnea about 6 months ago.

i used to have these vivid dreams that bothered and upset me to the point that i didnt want to sleep anymore - which doesnt really work when youre tired all the time. anyways, i started using the cpap machine immediately after diagnosis and was doing really well until recently.

ive noticed myself becoming more and more tired, but nothing like i used to be. the part thats driving me crazy is that the vivid dreams are back - every single night. has this happened to anyone? does this mean my apnea is getting worse?
I have been living with the whole sleep apnea business for 3 years, so I have some experience in the area, although admittedly not a whole lot of training or scientific knowledge.
But I do know that you could talk to your doctor about your concerns that the apnea has taken a turn for the worse. Maybe he will want to do another sleep study using the cpap so he can measure how the apnea is going. I am an unusual case (and hard to treat - so says my doctor) so I have had 4 sleep studies to get to the best results. Most people don't need that many.
It is interesting about the dreams because I think that using the cpap made my dreams more vivid than usual. OK not every night, but when they get intense they are real intense. And I would say they run about 60% bad or nightmare. I end up waking up and staying up long enough (20 - 30 minutes) to try and change tracks so when I fall asleep I can maybe be in a different dream. That usually works for me.
Anyway talk to your doctor to at least try to eliminate the guesswork on your part. Believe me, now that will drive you crazy.