Tourette Syndrome Community
not sure what to think or do

This is a patient support community for discussion relating to Tourette syndryome.

not sure what to think or do

my step daughter has recently started twitching  it started as gasping when she was young for no apparent reason  recently we found her mothers home to be unfit so she (mystep daughter) was removed from her mothers home and placed in ours she has been living with us full time for 5 months or so and her mother has visited 5 times after every visit with her mother we notice behavioral problems weather the problem is being over emotional or acting out at one point she totally regressed in her potty training even going number two in her pants shes five years old and  when she started living with us we potty trained her totally her mother had her in pulups all day any how  there were no day time accidents or bed wetting as of now we have verry rare day time accidents and never dry in the morning were still working on that any how after her mothers last visit the gasping got worse and suddenly shes twitching and gastping she kicks out her legs and jumpes as if she were startled when we asked her why she said it was because norm her imaginary friend was biteing her i told her to tell him to go to the garage so she did and ofcourse the twitching didnt stop we have recently taken her to a therapist and when i asked about the gasping she told me she thought i was nit picking in truth i was askin if this was some thing to be concerned about i dont know what to do or who to ask i dont think its actually tourettes but any advise on how to handle this would be great thank you
Get another psychiatrist. That is not normal. The next time her mother visits I would have a doctors appointment set up for as soon as she leaves. Does the mother have unsupervised visitation? It sounds to me like she is acting out because of her mother either doing or saying things to her. I hope you get some help soon. Best wishes.

Sissie