Tourette Syndrome Community
tourettes

This is a patient support community for discussion relating to Tourette syndryome.

tourettes

i have suffered with tics from i young age started of with my nose then my eyes to shaking of  my head and a few other tics i went to the docs for years always getting told i will grow out of it never happened when i was 27 i get told i had tourettes was put on tablets didn't think they done any good so stop taking them as i went for years with out  i think i might have ocd cant stop cleaning i sit down but then get back up to do more cleaning or d i y things have 2 be in order or i cant settle i also suffer with pains in my shoulder and neck also when i shake my head i get this pain in the left side of the bottom of my head which really hurts has any one else had this pain in head as i lost faith in docs for telling me i would grow out of the tic and the answers were in front of them as tourettes has been known since 1885 a few tests as a child would of been nice
Wow you have certainly had some issues with doctors on this, what treatment or how do you cope with it now?