Women's Health Center User Group
Abnormal Menstruation Since Age 11...Unexplained. Any suggestions?
About This Group:

Utilize minimally invasive surgery, high-resolution ultrasound imaging, preventive women’s health techniques, and management of both high risk and normal pregnancies to provide comprehensive care for women of all ages, all while maintaining a personal touch.

Founded by gardenobgyn on May 28, 2010
176 members

I began menstruation at age 11, and I have always been irregular. I began birth control at age 20, and went off and on the pill. I have heard that going off and on is very dangerous. But, when I am off the pill I NEVER see my periods even after the suggested wait time of about three months. I don't have abnormal bleeding or even period symptoms. It upsets me that every doctor I've been to refuses to give me an ultrasound so that I can rest my nerves. They just want to keep sticking me on the pill. That's like "a fake period/quick fix" and I want to have kids one day. Not pump my body with these hormones so much that it becomes dependent. The last time I saw my period it stayed for a week or longer and I was just getting off the pill and before that I saw it three months earlier and it was very painful and I had JUST went back on the pill. That's why I stopped.

Why does irregularity happen? Are there any alternatives besides the pill? I had my hormone levels checked for hyperthyroidism and they said they were fine. Thank you.
  • helpp
    K I've been taking the birth control pills for 2 and a h...[more]
AbSL joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 26
kersh79 im back after being away fr... Comment
Feb 22
kersh79 uploaded new photos
Feb 22