Women's Health Center User Group
Ovarian Cyst
About This Group:

Utilize minimally invasive surgery, high-resolution ultrasound imaging, preventive women’s health techniques, and management of both high risk and normal pregnancies to provide comprehensive care for women of all ages, all while maintaining a personal touch.

Founded by gardenobgyn on May 28, 2010
165 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ovarian Cyst

Hello there,

Since age 16 I have had trouble with Ovarian Cyst. My first surgery at age 17 for 3- 3cm cyst 1 on left and 2 on right, they where just drained, I was put on birth control. At my every 3 months check up transvaginal ultrasound my cyst seem to re- inflate and stayed that size for about 2-3 years... from there I had knee surgery and developed a blood clot, I was taken off birth control. Less than a year after my knee surgery my cyst went to 6,7,8 cm, they where a bit different she said they had septations . At that point my doctor removed them, and since about then they have re appeared this time as 3 on just the right side. 2 are 4 cm, and 1 at 3cm, I have constant discomfort. I am seeing a new doctor now, she wants to monitor them every 8 weeks. But at age 26, 4-5 times a year of a transvaginal ultrasound accounts to 40-50 ultrasounds with the same result everytime... the same surgery. After the last one I even had an infection and was hospitalized for 2 days. It seem that there has to be a better solution, more of a one time solution than recurring surgery and testing.... Any help?