Women's Health Center User Group
undiagnosed infection
About This Group:

Utilize minimally invasive surgery, high-resolution ultrasound imaging, preventive women’s health techniques, and management of both high risk and normal pregnancies to provide comprehensive care for women of all ages, all while maintaining a personal touch.

Founded by gardenobgyn on May 28, 2010
172 members

undiagnosed infection

I have had a vaginal infection for the past 6 months. I believe it is due to a tampon that was left in for too long. I have been having a strong, musty vaginal odor in addition to discharge that varied from pink, yellow and bloody. I have been to a few doctors. One said it was bacterial vaginosis and prescribed metrogel.  Another believed it was a yeast infection and prescribed fluconazole (sp?) This was the only time I noticed that the symptoms lessened and once I believed my infection to be gone. It was only a week before the odor and discharge returned. My doctor then changed locations and I have since been seeing another doctor who tested me for yeast, bacteria and std's (chlamydia, ghonnorea, hiv, herpes syphillis (syphilis)). I tested negative for yeast, my ph balance is normal and I tested negative for stds. This doctor then gave me fluconazole since I told him it was the only thing that has worked for me. The Fluconazole is no longer working.
What do I have?!?
1 Comment
it sounds like we hav the same problem ive tried everything i have no friends because of my problem you mght have wat i have now im tryig otc bv its called vh essentials you can get it at walgreens or cvs . hope this helps you and if i find anything else ill let you know.
Michele_Speri commented on specialmom's status
Nov 26
Michele_Speri joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 26
ShouldB7 joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 13