Women's Health Center User Group
undiagnosed infection
About This Group:

Utilize minimally invasive surgery, high-resolution ultrasound imaging, preventive women’s health techniques, and management of both high risk and normal pregnancies to provide comprehensive care for women of all ages, all while maintaining a personal touch.

Founded by gardenobgyn on May 28, 2010
176 members

undiagnosed infection

I have had a vaginal infection for the past 6 months. I believe it is due to a tampon that was left in for too long. I have been having a strong, musty vaginal odor in addition to discharge that varied from pink, yellow and bloody. I have been to a few doctors. One said it was bacterial vaginosis and prescribed metrogel.  Another believed it was a yeast infection and prescribed fluconazole (sp?) This was the only time I noticed that the symptoms lessened and once I believed my infection to be gone. It was only a week before the odor and discharge returned. My doctor then changed locations and I have since been seeing another doctor who tested me for yeast, bacteria and std's (chlamydia, ghonnorea, hiv, herpes syphillis (syphilis)). I tested negative for yeast, my ph balance is normal and I tested negative for stds. This doctor then gave me fluconazole since I told him it was the only thing that has worked for me. The Fluconazole is no longer working.
What do I have?!?
1 Comment
it sounds like we hav the same problem ive tried everything i have no friends because of my problem you mght have wat i have now im tryig otc bv its called vh essentials you can get it at walgreens or cvs . hope this helps you and if i find anything else ill let you know.
AbSL joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 26
kersh79 im back after being away fr... Comment
Feb 22
kersh79 uploaded new photos
Feb 22