Burns Community

Burns are damage to any body tissue that is caused by chemicals, electricity, flammable liquids, flammable gases, fire, heat, hot liquids, fire, radiation, steam or sunlight. Discuss topics including sunburns, rug burns, varying degrees of burns and how to treat them.
1 - 20 (of 137) questions
Yesterday night, I struck a match and as it lit, the end of the match came off and hit me in my eye, naturally I blinked and I now have a...
It was my first time using nair and i read the part where it said it could be used in the bikini area I used some and quickly took it off...
I spilled a pan full of burning hot oil on my shin and there is now a indent there after the blisters popped. It is slightly red around t...
I've had this scar for a few years. My sweatpants were rubbing against the shaft of my penis and I guess I got a friction burn. Eventuall...
Two days ago I burned the roof of my mouth eating. This is the worst I've ever done this. Area is very red and sore. Makes eating and ...
Hi, I was treating a wart near the tip of my middle finger with a cvs brand wart remover strips. It contaims 40% salicylic acid. On my ...
Hi, My 14 month old daughter suffered a second degree burn due to hot tea that spilled on her on her left nipple and the entire left tor...
Burned lip on hot liquid/spoon. It was healing but scab was picked and it was healing again. Put aloe on for the first time today and i...
A month ago, I had an accident which involved stepping into a trench of scalding water. Thankfully I was wearing waterproof boots, but w...
I'm very white and I don't want to make other parts of my body blend in with the farmers tan.Im also 14 year old I just want it gone. Wil...
Hi. Two days ago I was wiping myself down with some Johnson's No Tears body wash. I figured it would be okay since they use it on baby's....
I just got a burn scar on my forehead from burning a bit of my hair. What's the best way to treat this? My profile picture has a picture ...
http://imgur.com/a/0eyFR I *tried* to bleach my hair blonde. I used Super Blue Creme Oil Lightener mixed with 30 volume developer, and...
I got burn about 3 days ago. it still hurts and it all red and it stays wet all day what can I do to make it better.
This past Tuesday, I had a mishap with a very hot piece of food that went straight to my throat for a few seconds, and I drank some cold ...
About 2 months ago I was playing football with my friends and I was in the sun for a long period of time. I've got red hair and fair skin...
About 12 days ago, I was swimming in a friend's pool with her and some of her family. We were playing games, horsing around, and I fell i...
My wife burned is legs 50% and hand 20%, now she has highly pain and fever with bometing . She is pregnant almost 5 weeks . Can she takes...
My 15 yr old daughter was accidentally sprayed with hot mechanical oil. Where it landed on her legs, she had small red spots and that eve...
I was getting my hair washed and blowdryed two years ago and the heat burned a part of my scalp, i didnt think nothing of it because i di...
Burns Community
110 Members
137 Questions
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions