Acne Community

please help my acne

i have been getting acne since i was 7 years old which i had never heard of before and as i have got older its gotten worse. Its all over my face,back and chest i have tried loads of creams and ointments. ive been to my doctor where they have given me antibiotic creams and pills but none have worked please help!
Hi.
You need to go back to the doctor and try something else. There are many different oral antibiotics for acne (minocycline, oxytetracycline, erythromycin, doxycycline, lymecycline) and if one hasn't worked, another will. These need to be taken for at least 3 months to clear skin, so don't give up too soon.
In addition to oral antibiotics your doctor can prescribe a topical retinoid called Differin cream which contains adapalene 0.1%
Another option, if you have started your periods, is a special contraceptive pill called Yasmin. This is commonly prescribed to teenage girls for hormonal acne, not just for birth control.
If this doesn't work, your GP can refer you to a Dermatologist at your local hospital for stronger medication which regular doctor can't prescribe.
As you are under 16, the NHS will pay for your treatment so do go back to your doctor.
Best Wishes, Eloise.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions